[Mnbird] Snow Geese Still Present/Rice Co.

B.heineke b.heineke at mchsi.com
Tue Dec 6 15:49:19 CST 2016

They are still present today.  Not there when I arrived, only a few canada and mallards present.  But I walked around the pools and a few minutes into the walk several waves of geese came in.  About 800-1000 by he time I left, across two of the pools.  Amongst them were the two snow geese, hooded mergansers and mallards.  And 1 cackling goose (possibly more, though I scanned through with binoculars on main group multiple times).  The main group and snow geese were on the most sheltered pool, not visible from the car.  Have to get out and walk the paths to the pool that is surrounded by houses.  I think the geese didn't like the bitter wind anymore than I did!

Sent from my iPad