[Mnbird] MRVAC - Goodhue County - Birding Day - Field Trip Summary - 12/1/2016

CRAIG MANDEL EgretCMan at msn.com
Thu Dec 1 22:52:09 CST 2016

12/1/2016

Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter

Goodhue County

Birding Day

Field Trip Summary

Our group enjoyed a pleasant day of birding in Goodhue county today.  While we missed the previously reported Carolina Wren, we get a few other birds of interest.  Here are a few of them:

Common Loon - A single Common Loon was observed on Lake Pepin, from the Lake Pepin State Rest Area.

Horned Grebe - Two were observed on Lake Pepin in Lake City.

Bonaparte's Gull - A large flock of Bonaparte's Gulls were observed on Nelson Lake.

Tufted Titmouse - Two were observed at a feeding station, just North of the Old Frontenac Cemetery.

Eastern Bluebird - Two were observed at Colvill park.

American Robin - Observed at a number of locations

Bohemian Waxwing - A single Bohemian Waxwing was observed in a large flock of Cedar Waxwings in the town of Redwing at the intersection of W Main Street and Withers Harbor Drive.

Craig Mandel

Minnetonka, Hennepin County

EgretCMan at msn.com