[Mnbird] Orioles keep coming

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:59:51 CDT 2016

I too am battling bald faced hornets. And boy, they are nasty. But they
don't keep the orioles away. I am thinking of moving my hummer feeder, mine
too is near my oriole feeder and the stinged insects chase the
hummingbirds. My hummer feeder has ports that keep the bees out.

I have to be careful when filling the jelly, to not get a hornet, and thus
get stung. So far, I am good. I don't dare NOT fill the feeder though, or
whenever I go outside I get scolded by chattering orioles! If I am late in
filling it and it goes empty they really let me know!
Have you been scolded by over a dozen chattering orioles? Makes harvesting
my garden a journey of guilt for me. My feeders are adjacent to my veg
garden.

And, by the by, why is the bald faced hornet called a hornet, but it is a
wasp?
Confusing...
​

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
― Aldo Leopold <https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/43828.Aldo_Leopold>