[Mnbird] Orioles keep coming

Jim Ryan muchmoredoc at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:51:33 CDT 2016

I gave up feeding the Orioles weeks ago. The bald-faced hornets claimed my
Oriole feeder and chased away any bird that came near - even the
hummingbirds stayed away from their feeder, which was separate but near the
Oriole feeder.  The hornets alone chowed through my feeder daily and I got
tired of refilling just for them.

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:45 PM, Rebecca Field via Mnbird <
mnbird at lists.mnbird.net> wrote:

> We've never had this many orioles here in Orono, though we get a good
> number each year. I fill the jelly and orange feeder daily, and they even
> drink up the hummingbird sweet water each day. The bees are in the jelly,
> but the birds don't seem to mind.
>
> Rebecca Field
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM, crandallk at aol.com via Mnbird <
> mnbird at lists.mnbird.net> wrote:
>
>> Same here in East Bethel on Cedar Creek, near Oak Grove in Northern Anoka
>> County.
>>

>> Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

>>> 2 female Baltimore
>>> 10 juv/1st yr Baltimore
>>> 0 male/1st yr m orchards

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Vadnais Heights
----

Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone
to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.- Robert
Johnson
<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/robert_johnson_quotes.html>

<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/robert_johnson_quotes.html>Courage
can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway.- Mignon McLaughlin
<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/mignon_mclaughlin_quotes.html>
----