[Mnbird] crossbill near gunflint trail, cook county

kkelnberger kkelnberger at boreal.org
Thu Aug 11 18:13:54 CDT 2016

  Tuesday,I was birding with a photographer who has a camera with a great
lens.  We were looking for purple finches but when he showed me the
closeup- the bill was decidedly  crossed. He saw 4-5 birds.   The light
was bad but the bird did not have wing bars and its head appeared
mottled with red.  When I get the pictures, I will post on the MOU site.
  Location: gunflint trail, clearwater road (22/66) near the south
bearskin road.