[Mnbird] Unknown bird call at night

lmsirvio at comcast.net lmsirvio at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 18:45:20 CDT 2016

OK – I need some help. Last night about midnight I was outside (Washington Co) and heard what I thought might be a barking dog off in the distance(a small dog – one of those “rugrat” dogs)
A few seconds later I heard it again directly overhead. A single “bark” – now this was clearly a bird flying past. Not a goose or a duck for sure. A few seconds later another call going away quickly.
I’ve never heard anything like this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Larry Sirvio
Cottage Grove, MN