[Mnbird] Nesting Birds

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 10:55:43 CDT 2016

Tufted Titmouse: Our Tufted Titmice our nesting. I saw the pair a couple of
days ago. One was carrying nesting material. I have yet to see them visit
my feeder and neighbors report that they very rarely see them at their
feeders.  I have not heard them.

Bald Eagle: One is on a nest in a tree hanging right beside Hwy 56 south of
Hampton, perhaps two thirds of the way to Randolph.  I did not get a good
fix on its location, but it is obvious.

Wood Duck: One nest box has nine eggs and a hen incubating, as of a week
ago. They are also in at least one of two of a neighbor's boxes. Another of
my boxes was just hung a few days ago and has them interested and probably
laying. The last of my three boxes has had Hooded Mergansers visiting.

Other confirmed nesters in the neighborhood: Grackle, Great-horned Owl
Other probable nesters (pairs and courting): Eastern Phoebe, Downy WP,
Red-bellied WP
Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net