[Mnbird] White mallard?

Robert Van Siclen vansiclenr at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 12 11:21:58 CDT 2016

I believe I saw an albino mallard in New Brighton, on Stoney Lake,
Silver Lake Road between 15th and 17th.  One of a pair.  The drake was a
normal green headed mallard, but the other (the female?) looked white.
I was driving and not able to stop - no parking or breakdown lane.  The
white duck was the same size or a bit smaller than the mallard male, so
not the domestic/wild mix you see sometimes.  They're always bigger.

I've never seen albinism in a duck.  Does it happen?

Robert Van Siclen