[Mnbird] Birding About the Metro

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 29 02:07:49 CDT 2015

Birds in the last week that I have seen in the back yard include Flicker,
white-throated Sparrow, Song Sparrow, and Hermit Thrush.  Tufted Titmouse
are coming to my neighbor, but I haven't seen them in my yard.  Last week I
took a day off to work on my deck.  While I was pounding in nails, a Hermit
Thrush flew onto the deck about twenty feet from me and proceeded to turn
its back to me and go to sleep!  After an hour or so, I went in and ate
lunch.  When I came out, it was still sleeping in the same position.  After
an hour or more of pounding and drilling holes, it turned around and a
while later, finally flew off.  Perhaps I should go into the woods and make
more noise to lull the birds to sleep.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net