[Mnbird] Snowy Owl Chisago County

Connie Grundhofer cgwren3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 15:00:52 CDT 2015

I exited I-35 onto County Rd 17 in Chisago County and turned west seeing that it was more open in that direction.
Went up and down a couple roads and did not site it.

Drove East on 17 across the bridge over I-35 and in the northeast corner there is farm equipment and small culverts stacked nicely.
On top of the culverts was a juvenile Snowy Owl. It did not seem to be hunting but watching the sky.

On the south side of 17 there is a Park and Ride. There is also an asphalt trail (sidewalk) along the south side of 17.
It was easy to see while staying on the trail and it did not seem disturbed to see me standing there.
The Owl is about 150-200 feet from the trail.

Thank you Melissa for reporting it.

Connie Grundhofer