[Mnbird] Worm-eater not fond Sunday

Margevicius, Thomas S. TSMARGEVICIU at stthomas.edu
Sun May 31 15:10:16 CDT 2015

Sunday afternoon I unsuccessfully spent an hour quietly listening and searching the location Bob Dunlap reported the worm-eating warbler had been seen Saturday morning: 200 yds from the horse parking lot along Sunset Lk Rd in Murphy Hanrahan park. Walk into the woods east from trail marker #17 (where--N.B.!--the similar-sounding chipping sparrow is defending breeding territory on both sides of the road) and look for the downed tree as he described.
I met another pair of birders who likewise said they hadn't found the bird, and neither did anyone Saturday afternoon. The bird may have flown.
Fr. Tom Margevičius
Sent from my iPhone