[Mnbird] Birding about

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Sun May 24 02:11:08 CDT 2015

Saturday:   After not seeing them for a week or more, the pair of Titmice
stopped by my feeder briefly today.  Three of my four wood duck houses
occupied, as is a neighbor's by Wood Duck hens.  Went out to eat in St.
Paul in the Mexican area south of downtown.  We had Nighthawks calling in
the early evening.

Frontenac area:   I ran my frog and toad survey route with mixed results.
For the most part the amphibians were quiet, but the ponds by Hok-si-lah
were an amazing chorus of four different species.  I found Whip-poor-wills
calling at three different locations in the hills.  At Frontenac I heard
Swamp Sparrows, Marsh and Sedge Wrens, and Wood Cock.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net