[Mnbird] About the Metro

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Mon May 4 10:07:05 CDT 2015

this weekend I got to spend a little time outside at home for a change.
Besides the regular yard birds little else was around.  Spending time
outside I did get to hear the Titmouse calling several times.

The things of interest was the frog and toad calls.  During the day I heard
for the first time this year short calls from both American Toads and Copes
Gray Treefrogs.  They both called on a bright sunny afternoon rather than
at night.  But, the calls were short, like they were testing their voices.
At night when I listened neither called and I only heard the sonorous calls
of a Northern Leopard Frog.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net