[Mnbird] Photos and a question

R.D. Everhart everhart at black-hole.com
Sun Mar 29 09:47:16 CDT 2015

Hey everybody -

   I just posted the latest entry to my blog with a variety of photos
from the last couple of weeks. The purpose of this note is that I
have a question about one of the photos. I got a shot of a Red-tail
in flight (very last photo of series) that shows a real contrast
between the primaries and the secondaries/tertials of the wing. I
don't know much about molt in hawks but assume this is a molt limit
that confirms this is a second year bird. If anyone has any comments
I would love to know what you think. I appreciate any insight.

My blog is at:

http://minnesotabirdnerd.blogspot.com

Thanks a bunch!

Roger Everhart