[Mnbird] Scott County

iceline at integra.net iceline at integra.net
Fri Mar 20 10:12:16 CDT 2015

Greetings!

I had a pleasant surprise at my safflower feeder today. A House Finch of
the Orange variety. Very nice. A Sandhill Crane at a high altitude flew
over voicing the time.

While out on a bicycle ride last year, a business very near a wetland
attracted a pair of Sandhill Cranes that had a fascination of looking at
themselves in the glass door of the building. They each took turns walking
up to the door in a dead stare at their mirrored image. After lapping
Cleary Lake looking for Egrets, Eagles and Owls, we returned to the
business and found the Sandhills still trying to figure out why those
other two birds were in that building. The birds pretty much ignored us
and we returned home for iced tea still laughing at those birds.

Birds are wonderful! Enjoy the spring migration.

Rog~