[Mnbird] Birds scarce?

Pamela Freeman gleskarider at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:02:44 CDT 2015

I don't know about others, but my yard, northern Anoka county, Oak Grove,
is full of birds, grosbeaks, cat birds, orioles, at least 6 pair, the usual
chickadees and nuthatches and just last week I saw a yellow warbler. We see
indigo buntings now and then, and I hear and see common yellow throats as
we live at the edge of a marsh and wet thicket. We see American redstarts
daily. Wood ducks and geese and sandhill cranes, downy, hairy, and red
bellies woodpeckers, the latter comes to my jelly and meal worm feeders!
Sometimes a piliated. Who else? I know I am forgetting somebody. Anyway, we
have birds. Oh yes, the red winged black birds who empty my feeders daily
and the squadron of cowbirds. They increase every year.
Gold finches.
Now and then we see a scarlet tanager, but not so much now.
We have hawks pass over, and I saw two blue herons yesterday, and we have a
green heron comes to the pond.

Anybody else?
No notice of absences here, but perhaps our pocket is just a pocket. Open
woods, marsh, ponds, creek, some openings and meadow and fields nearby.

- Pamela
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.