[Mnbird] Birds scarce?

DONALD GRUSSING Owner cdrussin at centurylink.net
Fri Jun 26 14:54:15 CDT 2015

I'm mostly a yard bird guy. I like to sit outside and see what's flying. I go to grandkids' ball games and watch the sky as well as the games. I drive by Target and look for the Ringed-bill Gulls relaxing in the parking lot. It seems that I am not seeing as much as I used to see.
No Chimney Swifts occasionally twittering over the house, no Barn Swallows, or hawks or any of the common visitors. Yes, last night I saw a Green Heron and a small flock of Cedar Waxwings at Freeman Park. A couple days before I saw nothing at Bennett Park. A Broad Wing Hawk flew over my deck. But the skies seem much emptier than usual.

Avian flu perhaps? Aging eyes? Too many Cooper's Hawks? Am I the only one experiencing this?

Don Grussing
Minnetonka