[Mnbird] Brown-headed Cowbird eggs

deanne.endrizzi at juno.com deanne.endrizzi at juno.com
Sat Jun 6 07:51:30 CDT 2015

 I read an article in the recent Loon where an author removed a brown-headed cowbird egg from a nest. Brown-headed Cowbirds are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act since they are native to North America. I want to remind folks that it is a violation of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act to remove and/or destroy migratory bird eggs from a migratory bird nest without a permit. Even though brown-headed cowbirds are thought of as nuisance birds by some people, they are still native and protected. In areas where endangered species are affected by cowbirds, cowbirds are removed, but under a permit issued for this specific purpose. Thanks,  Deanne EndrizziBurnsville, MN
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5572ed0e8bbc76d0e6310st04duc