[Mnbird] Common Gallinule with chicks: La Crescent (Houston Co.)

Douglas Stratton stratton.douglas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:28:37 CDT 2015

Looking SE from the bridge at the Junction of HWY 16 and 61, Scoping from
the bridge, I spotted 2 adults and 4 chicks. The chicks were small, black
furballs, walking behind the adults. The adults were cootlike, but had
white marks on their sides, and red beaks. I got video showing one adult
being followed by 4 chicks. I then drove to the other side of the bridge
and parked at the bottom of the hill. I scoped a single adult. There was no
sign of any others and the area was sufficiently far away from the first
sighting that I think it is safe to assume it was not one of the previous
two adults. The Have a still picture is of this single adult.  The picture
and the video can be found on my ebird post.

Thurs, July 2, 4 pm.

--
Doug Stratton
Onalaska, La Crosse County, WI