[Mnbird] Golden eagle survey today

Laurie Maloney lmaloney619 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 18:01:16 CST 2015

Today was the annual golden eagle survey in Minnesota, Iowa, and
Wisconsin.  Did anyone else survey today?

My team has an NE Iowa route, 20 miles south of Minnesota border. Last year
was a blizzard and freezing temps, so no golden eagles spotted and very
small counts of other raptors.  Today we has 2 golden eagles, 45 bald
eagles, 14 red-Tailed hawks, 4 rough-legged hawks, and 4 Kestrels, tons of
action. We again  ate lunch at a brew pub in Marquette which was delicious.
Great day!

http://www.nationaleaglecenter.org/golden-eagle-project/information-on-golden-eagles/

Laurie Maloney