[Mnbird] Redpolls

Stephen Hedman shedman at d.umn.edu
Wed Feb 4 11:07:01 CST 2015

Mary:

I envy you for your redpolls.  It has been three or four years since I've
had any at my feeders here in Duluth.  Just the other day I had a flock of
pine siskins come through to my great excitement, since their presence was
the first in many years.  I suspect, though without proof, that relatively
few people feed birds in Duluth and so it is not all that fertile feeding
grounds.

Best,
Steve