[Mnbird] Pine County CBC summary 2015

Jim Ryan muchmoredoc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 22:21:12 CST 2015

This year 11 counters found 32 species, above our 18 year average of 29
species, but below the high count of 36 species we achieved in 2004 & 2006.

This year we had a record high # of Starlings (240), Downy Woodpeckers (23)
and Wild Turkeys (56). One new species was  added to the list this year -
white-throated sparrow, found by Rich Peet, Ruth Pfaller and Liz Stanley.
We are now up to 57 different species seen in the count history.

Birds seen above their average number include:
Hairy Woodpecker
Am. Crow
Raven
BC Chickadee
both Nuthatches
Cedar Waxwing
Junco
Redpoll

Birds seen in every quadrant this year include:
Bald Eagle
Downy
Hairy
Blue Jay
Crow
Raven
Chickadee
Both Nuthatches
Starling
Pine Grosbeak

Birds we only found 1 of in the whole count this year:
Red-tailed Hawk
Mourning Dove
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Northern Shrike
Am. Robin
Bohemian Waxwing
White-throated Sparrow
N. Cardinal
Pine Siskin

We maintained our streak of seeing these 12 species every count year:
Rock Pigeon
Downy
Hairy
Blue Jay
Crow
Raven
BC Chickadee
Both nuthatches
Starling
Goldfinch
House Sparrow

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Vadnais Heights
----

Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone
to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.- Robert
Johnson
<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/robert_johnson_quotes.html>

<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/robert_johnson_quotes.html>Courage
can't see around corners, but goes around them anyway.- Mignon McLaughlin
<http://www.famousquotesandauthors.com/authors/mignon_mclaughlin_quotes.html>
----