[Mnbird] Not reportable but interesting: Cal. Quail in Lauderdale (Ramsey Cty.)

jtanamachi at comcast.net jtanamachi at comcast.net
Wed Dec 23 08:59:25 CST 2015

My husband Steve spotted a California Quail in our yard this morning, wandering freely. We saw this around 8:30 this morning. We are no where near a game farm, being located just off Highway 280 and Larpenteur Ave. in Lauderdale (near the St. Paul campus of the U of MN.) Are these released for hunting here in Minnesota? Any other thoughts on how it might have gotten here? It was last seen heading southeast in the direction of the University's Les Bolstad Golf Course.

Jeanne Tanamachi
Lauderdale MN