[Mnbird] moths

Steve Weston sweston2 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 16 21:53:33 CDT 2015

several come to mind, although I am not an expert, by any means, and have
not seen the moths:
White-striped Black - small black & white.  flies during day
Ash-tipped Borer - medium sized.  don't know if range is in southern
Minnesota
a third one that comes to mind I absolutely could not track down, it is
named for its host vine, but may be an old name to the White-striped Black
lastly, is a very small dusky colored moth that is not a moth at all, but a
moth fly.  I don't know how common they are, but I have come across both
their adult and larva.

Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
sweston2 at comcast.net