[Mnbird] [mou-net] Old Cedar Bridge closed -- metro Hennepin Co

CRAIG MANDEL egretcman at msn.com
Sat Aug 15 10:03:00 CDT 2015

8/15/2015

Here is some more information about the closing of the Long Meadow Lake Units, Old Cedar Avenue Trailhead.

Current plans call for a reopening of the Old Cedar Avenue trailhead on October 16, but please check the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuges web site for updates on the reopening of this and other trails and trailheads on the MVNWR.  There is also an explanation of what is being done and the expected opening date for the trailhead.

The Long Meadow Lake Units, Bass ponds trailhead remains open and there is access to the East end of Long Meadow lake, which can be good for Waterfowl and Shorebird observing.

There will be a number of Bird walks that start at the Bass ponds in the coming year, so check the Refuge calendar of events while your checking on Old Cedar Avenue updates.

Craig Mandel
Minnetonka, Hennepin County
Refuge Volunteer Interpreter

Here is the Refuges internet address: