[Mnbird] belated thanks regarding the Avocet/Minnehaha Creek Black-crowned Night Heron

linda whyte birds at moosewoods.us
Wed Apr 15 17:39:39 CDT 2015

Thanks to several birders, I was able to enjoy the Avocet at Bass Ponds
yesterday.
Credit goes to Nick Sausen for the initial report, and Pete Nichols for
alerting us to it so quickly, but also to two other young men who steered
me in the right direction for viewing. I regret not having asked them their
names, but I hope they know that their help was much appreciated.

There was still one of the customary Black-crowned Night Herons in the
conifers along Minnehaha Creek, just downstream of the outlet from L.
Hiawatha.
Linda Whyte