[Mnbird] Pileated problems

rwgaspard rwgaspard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:05:11 CDT 2015

I had a similar problem and had to put plastic bags on the mirrors when I parked.  Used a super long twistie.  Problem only lasted a few weeks.  Good luck!

Our county sheriff's office in west-central Florida is having problems with pileated woodpeckers.  The woodpeckers are destroying car side mirrors and not because they see their reflections.  The office has tried covering the mirrors with various materials but to no avail.  I think it might be because there is a nest nearby. I'm guessing people on this list have had this issue since pileated are abundance in MN.  What have you done in the past?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah A. Knutie, PhD