[Mnbird] Pileated problems

Sarah Knutie saknutie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 07:53:10 CDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Our county sheriff's office in west-central Florida is having problems with
pileated woodpeckers.  The woodpeckers are destroying car side mirrors and
not because they see their reflections.  The office has tried covering the
mirrors with various materials but to no avail.  I think it might be
because there is a nest nearby. I'm guessing people on this list have had
this issue since pileated are abundance in MN.  What have you done in the
past?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best,
Sarah

--
Sarah A. Knutie, PhD