[Mnbird] Flicker

Brian and Cindy bcdrill at charter.net
Sun Dec 7 16:14:05 CST 2014

A Flicker visited my log suet feeder this morning for some time, but has
not come back.  By the way, I discovered something that makes filling my
suet feeders easier.  I assume many others were on the path to
brilliance ahead of me, but I'll share the enlightenment anyway: if you
are using the suet plugs for a log type feeder, open one end of the
package and microwave the suet for 15 seconds before pushing it onto the
holes.  It is just soft enough to be the consistency of clay at that
point, and you are able to really bond the suet with the feeder before
it chills down again.  It makes it much more resistant to being forced
from the holes in the feeder by a hammering woodpecker.

Cindy in North Mankato

---